After School Enrichment Program (ASEP)
"Enriching Education through Exciting Experiences and Exploration"
The After School Enrichment Program provides a warm, caring environment beyond school hours where your children have the opportunity to play with school friends and get homework out of the way before the family sits down to dinner. ASEP offers exciting activities which stimulate children to be healthier and happier, including sports, art activities and computer exploration.
After School Enrichment Programs operate in CMS schools, utilizing age-appropriate materials and equipment for students. From the media center to the playground, students spend out-of-school hours in safe and stimulating environments. Using a curriculum correlated with the Common Core and Essential Standards, ASEP Site Coordinators, school administrators and teachers work together to ensure their ASEP programs supplement the learning taking place during the school day.
Besides academic support, the ASEP program focuses on the development of students’ social skills. To see After School at a glance click on the ASEP Fact Sheet. Program leaders are respectful and positive toward students, mindful of the importance of appropriate role models. Students are encouraged to develop friendships with schoolmates that for some will last many years.
*****New for 2019 - 2020 School Year:
ASEP Fees are subject to increase pending Board Approval.
|Bell Schedule||Before School-Only||After School-Only||Before & After School|
|7:30 - 2:30||$25 week||$80 week||$86 week|
|7:45 - 2:45||$30 week||$75 week||$86 week|
|8:00 - 3:00||$35 week||$70 week||$86 week|
|8:15 - 3:15||$40 week||$65 week||$86 week|
|8:30 - 3:30||$45 week||$60 week||$86 week|
|8:45 - 3:45||$50 week||$55 week||$86 week|
|9:15 - 4:15||$60 week||$45 week||$86 week|
|Teacher Workday Only||$25/Student|
|Early Release Days- Only||$25/Student|
|Winter & Spring Break||$25/Student|
• Early Closing: November 27, 2019, December 31, 2019 and April 9, 2020 all ASEP and ACE programs will close at 2:00 PM
• Break Site Locations: Albemarle Road, Collinswood, Lake Wylie, Mallard Creek, Newell, Providence Spring, Sharon, Torrence Creek, University Park and Whitewater
• Optional Break Care: Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment cannot exceed staffing as ratios must be maintained. Families may register during break if enrollment permits and if payment is made on-line. Proof of payment must be received prior to service being rendered.
• Online only payment options- ACH checks, Credit, Debit and pre-paid cards accepted.
• $47 Family Registration Fee-payable on-line at time of on-line registration
• Late Pick Up Penalty $1.00 per minute
• Before School, After School, Pre-K, and Middle School programs require a minimum enrollment of 20 families by August 11th to operate in the 2019-2020 school year
• Pre-K ASEP offered at Hickory Grove, Highland Mill, Trillium Springs, Park Road and University Meadows-a minimum enrollment of 20 families is required by August 11th to operate in the 2019-2020 school year
Students in the ASEP program participate in:
• arts and music
• games and sports
• drama and dance classes
• STEAM activities
• literacy activities
• homework sessions
• math centers
• science experiments
• nutrition & fitness activities
• clubs … and more!
The Mission of ASEP is to provide families with:
A-ffordable licensed after-school care
S-afe environment beyond school hours
E-xperiences linking education, enrichment, and exploration
P-eople who are committed to competitively preparing students for the 21st Century
Our vision is to Expand After-school services to all grade levels from Pre-K through high school.
- We believe in mutual respect.
- We believe in supporting personal achievement.
- We believe in quality programs that promote health and well being.
- We believe our programs should reflect the needs of our students and families.