Please check the "Resource Links" to determine if the data you need are publicly available. CMS Office of Accountability will not provide any data that is publicly available.
CMS Employees, check PowerSchool and your portal to see if the data you need are available through either of these resources.
If your data request is for a research study, you must complete the research application process. If your research proposal is approved and researcher and CMS have signed an MOU, you may then submit a data request. Information on the research application process can be found on our Conducting Research in CMS page
All other data requests must meet both of the following criteria:
- Request is from a CMS employee/CMS Community Partner and/or for purposes that align with the CMS goals and priorities.
- Requests must be able to be completed in a reasonable time frame.
- Data may only be used for the purpose stated on the data request. Use of data for any other purpose must also be approved by CMS Office of Accountability.
- Data may not be shared with a third party outside of CMS unless approved by the CMS Office of Accountability. Failure to comply will result in the loss of data request privileges in the future.
- Data will not be provided for students whose student IDs, school IDs, or parent consent forms are not provided.
- Files will include only CMS data. Linking to external data is the responsibility of the requester.
- CMS employees – no fee
- Individuals not employed by CMS – $100 per request
- Research institutions - $100/hour – An estimate of the number of hours will be submitted to the requestor for approval before the request is filled. Changes to the initial request may result in additional fees.
- Official CMS community partners – no fee
- If data are to be used for research study please complete Outside Research Application and submit along with the $50 application fee. If approved, the above data fees will also apply.