Research, Evaluation & Analytics
The Research, Evaluation, and Analytics (REA) Department conducts and reviews research and evaluation studies, performs data analyses and creates visualizations that support district decision-making, conducts surveys, and consults with internal and external parties on research methodology, data analyses, and best practices in education. Specifically, REA:
- Conducts research and evaluation studies to inform district decision-making about the efficacy of programs and initiatives designed to increase and support student achievement.
- Reviews external research projects proposed by university faculty, graduate students, and other professional entities to ensure sound methodology, ethical practices, and potential benefit to CMS
- Collaborates with community partners and internal constituents to review and provide education and guidance on proposed data use and analysis.
- Designs and administers surveys to collect feedback from stakeholders.
- Analyzes education data and creates summaries and visualizations.
- Conducts the analyses for and writes the annual Breaking the Link report.
- Partners with the READS Lab at Harvard University to improve teaching and learning in early literacy
Director, Research, Evaluation, and Analytics