Student Discipline and Behavior Support
The mission of the Student Discipline and Behavior Support department provides programs and services for students who have specific needs that have not been met in a traditional educational setting. In addition, the department provides services and strategies to facilitate safe and orderly school environment.
"To Prepare Students Behaviorally for Academic Success"
Examples that clarify purpose:
- Manage or modify student behavior
- Rehabilitate students to re-enter the mainstream
- Access and utilize student learning styles and communicate to the home school
- Identify/diagnose problems/needs of students
- Facilitate an effective learning environment for students who have violated rules in the code of student conduct
- Provide alternatives for students who have violated rules in the code of student conduct
- Allow students who have displayed behavioral issues to progress academically
1901 Herbert Spaugh Lane
Charlotte, NC 28208
Contact: Dr. Lisa Barnes