Core Beliefs and Commitments
The vision of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools is to lead the community in educational excellence, inspiring intellectual curiosity, creativity, and achievement so that all students reach their full potential.
The mission of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools is to create an innovative, inclusive, student-centered environment that supports the development of independent learners.
Core Beliefs and Commitments:
We believe that:
- Public education is essential to democracy and necessary for economic opportunity, mobility and the broader public good.
- We are responsible for building and maintaining a high performing school district.
- Each student is uniquely capable and deserves an engaging, relevant, and challenging educational experience.
- Our principals and teachers make the critical difference in student achievement and building a positive school community.
- The school system, families and communities are necessary partners in ensuring the academic, social, emotional and behavioral success of our students.
Based on these Core Beliefs, we are committed to:
- Providing a clear Theory of Action and an effective Superintendent to lead its implementation.
- Ensuring that all students achieve their full potential.
- Ensuring that each student has an effective teacher.
- Ensuring that an effective principal leads every school.
- Giving all students access to a well-rounded, rigorous curriculum that is evidence-based and data-informed.
- Preparing all students to be successful in institutions of higher learning or the workforce.
- Creating safe and orderly working and learning environments.
- Securing and allocating the necessary resources to pursue our vision and mission.
- Operating effectively and efficiently with fiscal accountability.
- Embracing our community’s diversity and using it to enhance the educational environment.
- Providing and encouraging engagement opportunities for all students’ families.
- Partnering with community members to maximize student learning.