(For Home School and School Choice Lottery information, CLICK HERE to visit the main Student Placement homepage).
Forms for the current school year (2018-19) must be submitted to the student's home school. We will start accepting forms for the upcoming school year (2019-20) beginning November 1, 2018. Forms can be submitted to the Student Placement Office, any CMS school, or any Learning Community Office.
Documents needed to Enroll
- New Student Enrollment Form (for the current school year and future years)
- Birth Certificate or other Proof of Age and Legal NameProofs of Mecklenburg County Residency
- Safe Schools Enrollment Declaration - (Required for students transferring into CMS)
- Current Immunization records (Complete record required by 1st day of school entry)
- Health Assessment - (All children entering NC public schools for the first time must submit proof of a health assessment within 30 days of the start of school.)
- Health Assessment and Immunization Requirements for School Attendance
In compliance with North Carolina law students must be 5 years of age on or before August 31st to be considered for Kindergarten. Students applying for the Montessori schools Pre-K program must be 4 years of age on or before August 31st in order to be considered.
Immunization and Health Assessment Requirements
In compliance with North Carolina law, all children entering NC public schools for the first time must submit proof of a health assessment within 30 days. The health assessment must have been completed within 12 months prior to the date the child would have first been eligible for initial entry into the public schools. In addition, North Carolina law requires parents/guardian to present certification of immunizations
on or before the first day of school entry. If documentation is not presented, parents and/or guardians have 30 calendar days to provide documentation or the student shall be excluded from school until proof is provided.
The mission of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools’ (CMS) International Center
is to address the needs of culturally or linguistically diverse students, providing them with equal access to effective participation in the educational programs offered by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.