Coordinated School Health
The mission of the Coordinated School Health Program is to ensure a strong connection between health and education. We collaborate with the Mecklenburg County Health Department's School Health Program to provide a safe and healthy learning environment with school nurses in all CMS schools. Mecklenburg County Health Department website
About Coordinated School Health
Coordinated School Health is based on the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model (WSCC), a collaborative approach to education and health. This model ensures each child in each school in each community is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. The WSCC Model is made up of 10 different health components:
- Health Education
- Nutrition Environment and Services
- Employee Wellness
- Family Engagement
- Physical Education and Physical Activity
- Social and Emotional School Climate
- Physical Environment
- Health Services
- Community Involvement
- Counseling, Psychological, and Social Services
1. Does your student have a medical condition that may impact them at school? Every school has a school nurse. Go to your schools website to get contact information for the school nurse.
2. Your student may be eligible for a Section 504 plan. Contact the 504 department (980) 343-0001 for more information.
3. Worried about your student's mental health? Connect to School-Based Mental Health Program.
4. Think your student may have a problem with drugs, alcohol, e-cigarettes or vaping? Contact the Student Assistance Program (SAP).