Human Resources (HR) is responsible for planning, implementing and supporting various programs critical to the success of the CMS district. These programs assist employees, schools and administrative offices to continuously perform at a high level. Here you will find information on programs and systems supported by the Human Resources Department. If you are currently seeking a position with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, please visit our Careers page for information on our district, the hiring process, or to apply.
Departments within HR include:
- Beginning Teacher Development & Support: Teach, support and inspire beginning educators and their mentors through personalized professional development, coaching and consultation.
- Benefits: Enroll employees in benefits, general benefits questions, and qualifying event changes.
- Client Services: Provides strategic advisement to district leadership, partnering closely with HR specialists. This group provides day-to-day front-line HR assistance and works with managers to provide support with human capital solutions, performance management, and evaluations.
- Compensation: Job descriptions, salary administration, salary schedules, FSLA, transferring time into CMS from other NC Agencies, longevity, and bonuses.
- Employee Relations: Problem resolution, policy development, training and awareness programs.
- HR Systems and Analytics: Compliance, Employee Records, HRIS support: AppX, Liquid Office, MyApp, SmartFind Express, Data Requests and Employment Verification.
- Learning and Leadership Development: Evaluation process support, MyTalent, performance management, and Success by Design.
- Licensure: Educator Licenses, renewals, beginning teacher support program, mentors, and NC testing requirements.
- Talent Acquisition: Provides sourcing and staffing support to CMS Administrators and Hiring Managers. Recruits highly qualified employees for both Instructional and Non-Instructional positions. Responsible for university relations, recruitment events and full-cycle hiring.
Our goal is to provide quality customer service to all internal and external customers.