Apply at CMS
Compare your skills and interests to open positions at CMS to see where you might be a good fit. Once you find a position that interests you, please complete the application type that correspond with the position opening.
Urgent needs include Teachers (Elementary, Math, Exceptional Children and ESL), Bus Drivers and Technicians.
Instructional – Examples include Teachers, Counselors, and Psychologists
Non-Instructional/Support Services - Examples include Central Office positions (finance, communications, human resources, etc.) and School Support Services (substitute teachers, teacher assistants, etc.)
Non-Instructional/Operations - Examples include bus drivers, technicians, maintenance personnel and custodians
Licensed District and School Administrators - Examples include Principal and Assistant Principal Talent Pools and Superintendents
*School nurses are important members of the educational team at each school. Our school nurses are provided and hired by the Mecklenburg County Health Department through an agreement with CMS. To apply, please click here.
Why Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools?
CMS provides academic instruction, rigor and support each school day to more than 148,000 students in 175 schools throughout the cities and towns of Mecklenburg County. CMS is proud of its diverse mix of students who represent 183 different countries and various cultural and ethnic backgrounds. CMS offers an extensive range of magnet programs in 59 of its schools to nurture the talents of students who have interest and ability in specific areas. CMS also educates, supports and meets the needs of students with learning and physical disabilities.
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools was in the top three districts for eighth-grade math, and fourth-grade math and reading in the 2017 tests for the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP).
- We won the national Making Strides Together Curriculum Award for excellence in developing and using district-wide initiatives to improve academic progress.
- With over 19,000 employees, we have a strong culture of respect centered on teaching and learning.
- We offer a wide range of instructional environments for teachers, including traditional schools, magnet programs, and career and technical education programs.
- We are supported by parents and the broader community in our commitment to make CMS the leading district in America.
- We have a 1:1 student/technology ratio and are a leading district in integrating digital learning and teaching.